- Geeks Ltd is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. We use your information for legitimate interests only. These include:
- Where you are contacting Geeks to speak to our Solutions team or for any other enquiry, the ability to respond to your communication efficiently and effectively with you
- Where you are applying for a Geeks’ job role, the ability to effectively analyse your suitability for that role and the quality of your application, and for us to communicate effectively with you. We may also keep these details on record so that we can keep you in mind for future opportunities
We do not and will not provide any of your personal or business information to other companies or individuals without your specific request and permission, apart from as specified below. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
What we collect
We record the basic information provided by your web browser when you access our website. This information is technical and does not contain sensitive personal details.
This might include: your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views, website navigation, etc. We use this data, for legitimate interests, to assist with problems that may arise in relation to this website and to aggregate access trends to provide a better browsing experience.
When you register your contact details with us, we may collect the following information: Name and Job title, Contact information including email address, telephone numbers, company, address, preferences, requirements and interests. Our legitimate interest in this information is so that we can contact you in order to respond to queries in the most efficient and effective way.
When contacting us, you are also able to upload a document with your enquiry. This document should not include any personal information or sensitive data.
Where the “Live Chat” functionality is available, we will also collect any personal information you provide to us while using that functionality. This functionality enables you to message a member of staff, so that they can answer your queries and provide information in real-time. Our legitimate interest in retaining this information is to enable fluid communication, and for quality and assurance purposes.
When you provide information to us in order to apply for a Geeks job role, you can upload a CV and covering letter. We will hold this information with the legitimate interest of determining the suitability of your application for the role.
As mentioned above, we will keep this application, and your details, on record, so that we can contact you in the event of any later suitable vacancies, and to cross-reference any future applications you make.
When you make an application for a Geeks job role, we use automated decision making in processing your personal information. This is to ensure all application submissions match the essential relevant job specifications which are necessary for entering into the employment contract. You can request a manual review of the accuracy of an automated decision if you are unhappy with it. To do so, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to communicate with you, provide you a demonstration of our tools, and to provide you with a better service. In particular, we require this information for the following reasons:
- To discuss any queries or requirements you have;
- To follow-up with the most relevant information relating to your query; and
- To arrange next steps with you in relation to your enquiry
We may use the information to:
- Improve our products and services;
- Improve your browsing experience by personalizing the website;
- We may periodically send emails about new Geeks’ product features or improvements or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
We require this information to communicate with you and to assess your application.
In particular, we require this information for the following reasons:
- Assess whether you meet the minimum requirements of the job application;
- To arrange next steps in relation to your application, should you be successful; and
- To cross-check applications so that we do not proceed with multiple applications from the same candidate, in case multiple applications have been made in error by the candidate
We may use the information to:
- Improve our products and services;
- Improve your browsing experience by personalising the website;
- We may periodically send emails about new Geeks’ product features or improvements or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
All the personal data we process is processed by our staff in the UK however for the purposes of IT hosting and maintenance this information is located on servers within the European Union. No third parties have access to your personal data, unless otherwise specified within this policy, unless the law allows them to do so or you have requested for these third parties to have access.
We will retain your information for a period no longer than necessary, which will be, unless otherwise requested, for the duration of our contractual obligations and as long as legally required, which should be no longer than 7 years. This is to ensure that all decisions and actions have been properly documented and retained for this useful period.
Controlling your personal information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the General Data Protection Regulation. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email email@example.com. You may also contact us for further details or with any queries.
In addition, under that Regulation, you may request the rectification or erasure of this personal data. You may also request the restriction of processing concerning you or object to such processing. You also have the right, taking into account the purposes of the processing, to have any incomplete personal data about you completed.
To the extent that the legal basis for our processing of your personal information is consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. Withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of processing before the withdrawal.
If you consider that our processing of your personal information infringes data protection laws, you have a legal right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority responsible for data protection. You may do so in the EU member state of your habitual residence, your place of work or the place of the alleged infringement. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or telephone: 0303 123 1113.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. For more details, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How we protect your information
A cookie is a small piece of data sent from a website and stored on your computer or mobile device. Like most interactive websites, this website may place and access certain Cookies on your computer that can be used to help remember your preferences, help you navigate between pages effectively, and generally improve your browsing experience.
You have control of enabling or disabling cookies on your internet browser. Most internet browsers accept cookies by default but you can amend these settings where needed and to do so you should navigate to the help section of your browser.
If you wish, you can choose to delete cookies at any time. This will mean however that you will lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently.
Any queries regarding the above, please contact us at email@example.com or by writing to our registered office address at Geeks Ltd, 66 Sutton Park Rd, Sutton SM1 2GD